What is Tadalafil? It is an inhibitor of PDE-5, which is widely used to treat erectile dysfunction. This term denotes the state of the male body, in which the sexual organ can not achieve an erection sufficient for sex. Tadalafil is characterized by a mild safe effect on the body, a long period of action.
For example, Sildenafil is active for 4 hours. Until recently, he was the only cure for impotence. Today in the market he was heavily pressed by Tadalofil. Statistics say that every month Tadalafil tablets are becoming more popular. Recently, attempts are often made to give Tadalafil to women. But in this respect the preparation has not been studied enough. Tadalafil became the most popular means of impotence since he was allowed to sell in the US.
Active substance Tadalafil: history of creation
Active substance generic tadalafil 5mg was developed within the framework of a partnership between pharmacological companies ICOS and GlaxoSmithKline (at that time Glaxo Wellcome). The first experiments were carried out back in 1991. Then Tadalafil came to light. As in the case of Sildenafil, the new drug was originally intended for the treatment of other
diseases. Only when Pfizer announced the ability of “Viagra” to strengthen the erection, the corporation “IKOS” decided to test for these purposes Tadalafil.
The patent was received in 1994. In 1997, the second phase of clinical trials of the active substance Tadalafil began. The drug on its basis was approved by the FDA in 2003.
In 1998 the venture company Lilly ICOS, LLC was founded. For ten years, she continued to share with GlaxoSmithKline in half the profits earned from the sale of the drug generic tadalafil 5mg, details of which will be discussed below. In 2007, the corporation Eli Lilly and Company completely bought the ICOS Corporation. Since then, she owns the trademark Cialis Tadalafil). Production of the drug is also carried out by some Indian companies (for example, Cipla), but under a different name.
How does Tadalafil work?
The mechanism of action of Tadalafil is based on the blocking of PDE-5. With sexual excitement in the cavernous bodies, local excretion (NO) occurs. Coupling with guanylate cyclase, nitrogen monoxide forms cyclic guanosine monophosphate. This compound is responsible for relaxing the smooth muscles. While the muscles at the root of the penis are tense, the blood can not reach the cavernous bodies in sufficient quantity. The described process in the presence of erectile dysfunction is disrupted by the cGMP-specific enzyme of type 5 phosphodiesterase.
So what is Tadalafil for? Through the stomach, the active substance very quickly enters the blood. It blocks the action of PDE-5, enhancing blood flow in the genital area. As a result, cavernous bodies are maximally absorbed by blood, greatly increasing in size. It should be borne in mind that medicines containing Tadalafil help restore the natural, natural mechanism of erection. Without sexual stimulation, there will be no excitement.
As is known, the inhibitors of PDE-5 include not only drugs containing Tadalafil. Similarly, erectile dysfunction is being controlled by Sildenafil and Vardenafil. However, recent studies have shown that preparations with active substance generic tadalafil 5mg have a much lower effect on type 6 phosphodiesterase. This enzyme is found in the eyes. In contrast to “Levitra” and “Viagra” drugs based on Tadalafil practically do not affect the enzyme PDE-1, located in the brain and capable of causing flushing, tachycardia (information from the Tadalafil radar).
As with any medical pharm drug, tadalafil generic also has some side effects. One of the most common is headache, after the end of the action of the substance, which quickly passes. It appears in 10-20% of cases, most often not observed. Slight dizziness and visual impairment may occur even less frequently. These symptoms are also temporary.
- Tadalafil is not recommended for admission to persons under the age of 18 years. And also to people suffering from kidney, liver, heart disease.
- Effect of the drug. After you have taken the drug, it is quickly absorbed by the body by absorption in the digestive tract.
- Parallel ingestion of food or alcohol does not affect the process of assimilation of the active substance. The drug reaches a maximum concentration in the body on average – from 30 minutes to 6 hours.
- Sexual intercourse is possible at least 16 minutes. Depending on the degree of erectile dysfunction and the characteristics of the body, this time can be increased to 30 minutes or more.
- Feature of generic tadalafil 20mg, in contrast to its analogs, is a long-term effect on the body up to 36 hours. For comparison: sildenafil (Viagra) – 6 hours, vardenafil (Levitra) – 10 hours.
- The long range of the drug allows a man to be more comfortable with the planning of sexual intercourse. This removes psycho-emotional tension and harmonizes the relationships of partners.
- Tadalafil is metabolized in the liver. Excretion is carried out through the intestine and in small quantities with urine.
How to take Tadalafil: instructions for use
The medicine is taken once a day at any time, regardless of food intake. The tablet should be washed down with a small amount of water.
The recommended dose of generic cialis tadalafil best buys is 20 mg., Including those over 65 years of age. Depending on the tolerability of the drug, the dose may vary from 2.5 mg. up to 40 mg. It should be remembered that a day can only take one tablet. Therefore, you can adjust the dose only the next day.
- With functional violations of the liver in a mild or moderate degree, the dose of tadalafil is 10 mg.
- With moderate renal failure – the initial dose of 5 mg. per day or 10 mg. once in 48 hours. With serious liver and kidney disease from taking the drug should be discarded.
- If the patient is treated with strong inhibitors of cytochrome P 3A4, such as: ketoconazole, erythromycin, itraconazole, ritonavir and others, the maximum dosage of tadalafil is 10 mg. once in 3 days.
- For men, in whom the symptoms of ED are strongly pronounced, and if necessary, feel as confident as possible, the dose can be 40 mg. This dose is the highest possible for a single dose.
- It is not desirable to combine with other PDE 5 inhibitors. In this case, there may be an increase in side effects, as well as the occurrence of priapism (a prolonged and painful erection).
Contraindications to the use of Tadalafil generic and precautionary measures
The drug is prohibited for use:
- People under the age of majority;
- During the use of alpha-blockers;
- If there is an allergic reaction to the substance;
- When taking medications that contain nitrates in any form.
Also, the drug should be used with caution in renal, hepatic, heart failure, anemia, angina pectoris, myeloma, leukemia, Peyronie syndrome, penile curvature, arrhythmia and hypertension. The drug generic cialis tadalafil best buys is not allowed for 6 months after a heart attack or stroke.